For one reason or another it was difficult to find the “complete” answer to installing CentOS 7 on a GPT labeled disk. For the most part the answer was too complicated, incomplete, or inaccurate. After some trial and error the answer turns out to be a simple one.
- Basically, insert your CD/DVD for the install
- When presented with this screen, highlight the “Install CentOS 7” from the menu. (DO NOT PRESS ENTER).
- Press Tab (as indicated in the blue lettering on the bottom).
- Append to the end of the line inst.gpt (highlighted in green below).
- Press Enter to continue.
- Continue with the installation as normal.
- After the reboot, use fdisk -l to determine Disk label type. And note that it is gpt.
This was an example of a very basic install only to demonstrate the creation of a gpt disk.